As Democrats around the country vow to “Defund the Police,” Kirk is committed to keeping Virginia safe and supporting our law enforcement. Democrats in Virginia are pushing a dangerous agenda, letting violent criminals out of prison early, repealing common sense laws to keep dangerous people behind bars, and making it harder for law enforcement to do their job.
Kirk is committed to strongly supporting law enforcement and strengthening policies that will keep our communities safe. This starts with fully funding our police, reforming the Parole Board, and prosecuting violent criminals to the fullest extent of the law.
As Governor, Kirk will:
- Invest $50 million in year one to raise law enforcement salaries, as part of the Partnership for a Safe Virginia plan.
- Veto Democrat proposals to repeal mandatory minimum sentences and weaken penalties for drug dealers.
- Reform the Parole Board, which was caught last year breaking the law and releasing violent criminals early.
The Proven Candidate
Kirk is the only candidate in this race with a proven record of supporting policies that keep Virginia safe.
- Kirk worked with former Governor Allen to abolish parole and enact “Truth in Sentencing” to ensure violent criminals actually serve their full sentences. As a result, Virginia’s crime rate dropped, and our recidivism rate was among the lowest in the country.
- Kirk consistently voted to increase criminal penalties for human trafficking, sex slavery, child predators, and domestic violence.
- Kirk led efforts to increase support and funding for victims of human and sex trafficking and domestic violence.
- Kirk worked with local law enforcement to create innovative programs to combat the opioid epidemic.