Veterans for Kirk
Veterans for Kirk is a coalition of those who’ve served in our military and their loved ones, dedicated to helping Kirk Cox become Virginia’s next Governor.
Veterans' affairs has been one of Kirk’s top priorities during his career, and the goal of this group is to bring together individuals to advocate for policies to assist veterans and their families.
Kirk Cox has been the leading champion for Virginia Veterans for the last 30 years. He has introduced over 120 pieces of legislation to help veterans and their families, including the legislation to authorize construction of Virginia’s three Veterans Care Centers, funding the Virginia Values Veterans (V3) program, giving veterans credit in the state pension system for their time served in the armed services, and funding for the Virginia War Memorial.
Kirk’s Record of Working for Virginia’s Veterans
- Championed over 120 bills in the General Assembly to help veterans and their families
- Provided State Tax Deduction for Veterans Who Served in Bosnia (1996)
- Provided State Tax Deduction for Military Basic Pay (1996)
- Streamlined Absentee Ballot Process for Active-Duty Military (2000)
- Authorized construction of Sitter & Barfoot Veterans Care Center (2001)
- Eliminated taxes on military death gratuity payments to survivors (2004)
- Funded expansion of Sitter & Barfoot Veterans Care Center (2005)
- Funded expansion of Educational Wing at Virginia War Memorial (2008)
- Provided initial funding for Virginia Wounded Warrior Program (2008)
- Reformed and expanded veterans claim processing at DVS (2010)
- Authorized construction of two new Veterans Care Centers (2015)
- Chaired WWI & WWII Commission, Virginia Council on the Interstate Compact on Education Opportunities for Military Children, and War of 1812 Commission
Kirk has also employed at least one veteran on his staff for the last 25 years, providing a dedicated full-time constituent representative to members of the armed services, veterans, and their families.